Player name: Zhu Yuling
Age: Born: 10th January 1995 (age 28 years), Mianyang, China
Height: 1.61 m
Weight: 56 kg
Highest ranking: 1 (November 2017)
Olympic medal: Table tennis at the 2018 Asian Games – Women’s team
Zhu Yuling Plays With:
Zhu Yuling was born in Mianyang in 1995 and played table tennis from the age of 5 as it occupied her when she was ill. At nine years old she and her mother moved so that she could train and she made the provincial team when she was twelve. She made the national team when she was fifteen. In addition to her academic studies she trains 9 hours a day.
She is the two-time winner of the World Junior Table Tennis Championships in girls’ singles. She was a semi-finalist at the 2013 World Table Tennis Championships.
She was a reserve player at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.
2017 saw Zhu Yuling ascend to the world number one ranking after a thrilling 4-3 win against Liu Shiwen at the ITTF Women’s World Cup in Markham, Ontario.
- World Cup: Winner (2017)
- World Championships: Runner-up (2017)
- World Championship Team (2014) Japan
- ITTF World Tour Winner (2014) Kuwait
- Asian Championships Women’s Doubles (2013)
- Asian Championships Women’s Team (2013)
- ITTF World Tour Doubles (2013) China
- ITTF World Tour Doubles (2012) China
- ITTF World Tour Doubles (2012) Kuwait