Player name: Fan Zhendong
Born: January 22, 1997 (age 21)
Where: Guangzhou, China
Playing style: Right-handed, shakehand
Highest ranking: 1 (April 2018)
Current ranking: 1
Height: 1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)
Weight: 77 kg (170 lb; 12.1 st)
Fan Zhendong is a Chinese table tennis player. He is currently ranked number 1 in the official ITTF world rankings.
Fan Zhendong uses:
Fan is a Stiga sponsored athlete.
He now uses Stiga Infinity VPS Blade.
A right-handed shakehand-grip player, Fan plays an attacking style of table tennis using his explosive footwork and thunderous forehand loops to finish off his opponents. Emerging as a 16-year-old wonderkid, Fan’s playing style is often compared to his senior compatriot Ma Long. His encounters against senior players in the Chinese national team drew much speculation and anticipation. His fearlessness and technique allow him to challenge highly-rated, experienced players, sometimes even beating top, top players in thrilling style.
2012 World Junior Table Tennis Champion, Men’s Singles, Men’s Team, and Mixed Doubles, Men’s Doubles.
- 2014 World Team Table Tennis Championships: Men’s Team
- 2014 Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Table Tennis Event: Champion, Men’s Singles
- 2014 Asian Games: Champion, Men’s Team
- 2015 World Team Table Tennis Cup: Men’s Team
- 2015 ITTF Asian Championship Men’s Singles Champion
- 2015 ITTF Asian Championship Men’s Team Champion
- 2015-2018 3 Times World Champion Team Event
- 2017 Silver Medalist World Championships
- 2018 Current World No 1 male